Employer Supported Volunteering
Could your business or staff support local community groups or projects in the Barnsley area?
What is Employer Supported Volunteering and how does it work?
Employer Supported Volunteering or ESV is a way of businesses giving something back to the community and showing that they are corporately responsible. Businesses that have ESV schemes encourage and enable their staff to take part in volunteering opportunities.
What kind of activities could we get involved with?
There are many different types of activities that you could get involved with. These activities could include:
- One-off large scale community projects like a community clean-up.
- Becoming a trustee of an organisation.
- Providing support and advice to a group in your area of specialism such as marketing, business planning, accountancy.
- Providing a staff member to advise a group on a community project such as gardening or decorating.
What are the benefits of ESV?
The benefits could include:
- Staff developing skills such as communication, leadership, project management, listening and negotiating skills, confidence and learning how to be innovative and creative.
- Professional skills development for younger staff.
- Getting the team to work together more effectively.
- Increased staff retention and help with recruitment.
- Raising the local profile of the company making a visible impact in the community.
What other support can businesses provide?
Businesses can also support community groups by donating goods such as wood, bricks, tiles, paint, gardening equipment.
Voluntary Action Barnsley can work with you and facilitate the relationship between your business and an organisation in the community.
Get involved and make a difference!
- If you would like to know more contact Martin Sugden, Business Liaison Manager on 01226 320115, 07446 331751 or email email@example.com