Volunteer Centre Barnsley offers one to one, confidential interviews to people who want to find out what they can do as a volunteer. You can apply on-line to request contact details for any organisations you are interested in by logging on to www.do-it.org.uk. Contact us for more information on one-off volunteering opportunities, such as litter picking, stewarding or environmental volunteering as the current opportunities change frequently.
You can also send us your details by completing the Volunteer Registration Form.
The Volunteer Centre offers advice and support to help develop non-profit making organisations and charities wishing to include volunteers. You can register your volunteer roles with us by completing the Opportunity Registration Form. You will need to add your organisation before you can add opportunity roles.
- How to Volunteer
- Need Volunteers
- Points to consider before registering your volunteer role
- Employer Supported Volunteering
Volunteer Centre Barnsley currently has over 100 organisations registered to help them recruit volunteers. To find out what is available you can either give Dan or Beryl a ring to make an appointment on 01226 320100.
We will arrange a meeting to have a chat to find out what your interests are and what your plans are for the future and how volunteering can help you achieve your aims.
Alternatively you can log onto the national database for volunteering www.do-it.org.uk you can apply for any of the opportunities on line.
IF YOU ARE 14+ AND WANT TO VOLUNTEER PLEASE GIVE US A CALL ON THE ABOVE NUMBER.
Are you a charity or non-profit making organisation? Are you a statutory body such as ambulance service or school?
Do you need help with recruiting volunteers, we see over 1000 people a year all wishing to find out about who they can volunteer for.
It is easy to register your volunteer role with us you can either fill in the online application form or request a hard copy by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01226 320104
- Volunteers should have a clearly defined role description
- Insurance – do you have insurance for volunteers in place?
- Do you have a Volunteer Policy with guidelines about induction, training, support and supervision
- Do you have a named contact for volunteers?
- Disclosure and Barring Service check - you may need to put your volunteers through a DBS if they will be volunteering with vulnerable adults or children
- Recruitment and selection procedures which are clear, consistent and fair to all (equal opportunities)
- Do you have adequate funding to provide reimbursement of travel costs?
If you need our help you can contact the Volunteer Centre for free advice. We can help you develop Good Practice for managing your volunteers in order to make volunteering a positive experience for both you and your volunteers.
Any organisations wishing to recruit volunteers through Barnsley Volunteer Centre will need to fill in the following registration form
You may find the following guidance sheets helpful;
- Volunteer Handbook
- Volunteer expenses policy
- Volunteer agreement template
- Sample Volunteer Application
- Sample volunteer agreement
- Framework for recruiting volunteers
- Sample Volunteer Policy 1
- Sample Volunteer Policy 2
Volunteer Management Toolkit
Thinking of supporting some volunteers? Download the Volunteer Management Toolkit using the links below.
- VMP Budgeting
- VMP Diversity
- VMP Happy and Motivated
- VMP Insurance A5
- VMP Involving Volunteers
- VMP Policy and Practice
- VMP Recruiting
- VMP Selection
- VMP Task Profiles
- VMP Volunteer Agreements
- VMS Dealing With Problems